Any union is only as strong as the members who choose to get involved.
By becoming active in the Chapter Local 2836, you’ll get a lot more out of your union. Getting involved means:
- Helping to make a difference.
- Getting together with work friends and colleagues and meeting new people.
- Doing things you usually couldn’t or wouldn’t do alone.
- New opportunities for education, training and personal development.
- Helping yourself and improving your life at work.
- Having fun
You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Join a committee.
- Become a Steward.
- Attend board meetings.
- Run for an elected office.
Please contact one of your officers today to see how you can contribute to your union. Becoming an active member does not take substantial time, and getting involved gives members the ability to have an equal say in important issues that effect the entire bargaining unit.